Socializing on social media is not as easy as polishing our real identity in the real world. The evidence, the findings from JAMA Pediatric show that due to social media, 580 thousand young people attempted suicide in 2007 and this number increased 8 years later with the number up to 1.12 million cases. Therefore, we want to help those of you who are looking for ways to stay away from social media, especially Instagram. This article will tell you how to delete your Instagram account, either temporarily or permanently.
How to Delete Instagram Account
Before learning how to delete an Instagram account, you should make sure a few things first, such as the password of the Instagram account to be deleted, do not let you forget the password of your account, because Instagram can not delete the account that is considered not yours.
Also, if you need the photos you’ve uploaded, back up the photos on your account first. Finally, make sure you are sure of your decision and reason for deleting your Instagram account, as there are 2 ways you can choose to delete your Instagram account:
How to Delete Instagram Account Temporary
Besides being saturated with social media, you can also use this trick when you want to focus on learning about a particular exam, race, or match. Temporarily deleting your account or temporarily deactivating your account doesn’t necessarily delete content or comments you’ve uploaded, including “likes” on photos you’ve posted.
If you choose to temporarily deactivate your account, here’s how:
- Through your browser, click the Deactivate Instagram Account link.
- Usually, on this page, Instagram will ask you to log in first.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in to the page to deactivate your account, you’ll get a short message as well as a warning about what to turn off from your account.
- Choose why you deactivated your account in the “Why are you disabling your account?” option consisting of 10 different options, such as worrying about data security to the reason for taking a break for a while.
- If it’s done with determining the reason for the account deactivation, retype your password and click “Temporarily Disabled Account.”
- You’ll be immediately returned to the Instagram login page and wait a few hours for Instagram to successfully deactivate your account.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanent
Make this choice if you’re confident in your decision to stay away from Instagram social media. Because, if you permanently delete your account, all your data will be deleted, such as photos, videos, followers, accounts you follow, even all accounts that tag your account in their photos.
If you can already accept all the risks, do the following:
- Open this link through your computer’s browser: Delete Instagram Account.
- Log in on the Instagram account that you want to permanently delete.
- Choose one of the 9 reasons you deactivated your account in the “Why are you deleting your account?” option from worrying about data security to privacy concerns.
- Read back the consequences that will occur after your account is deleted.
If you’ve already determined a reason, retype your password and click “Permanently Delete My Account.”
- You will be immediately returned to the Instagram login page, done!
How to Delete IG Account Through App
In addition to deleting your account through your browser, you can also do so through the Instagram app on your smart device. Eats, not that you can immediately deactivate/delete your account through the app, but Instagram makes it easy for you to access the account deletion website. Here’s how you can do this:
When you are logged in on the Instagram account to be deleted, click your profile.
- Click the option, three horizontal lines in the top right.
- Select settings located at the bottom of the row.
- Select Help, then Help Center.
- You’ll be taken to the instagram.com page and select “Manage Your Account”
- On the next page, select “Delete Your Account”
- Select the question you want to ask, then follow the steps provided.
How do I delete my Instagram account on my iPhone?
- Step 1: Head to Instagram.com. …
- Step 2: Select the edit profile, scroll to the bottom of the page. …
- Step 3: You will be prompted to provide a reason as to why you’re disabling your account. …
- Step 4: Re-enter your password and temporarily disable your account.
How do I delete my second Instagram account?
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Login Info.
- Tap next to the account you want to remove.
- Tap Remove.
How do I delete an old Instagram account without logging in?
- Go to the Delete Your Account page. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. …
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. …
- Click or tap Permanently delete my account.
What happens to your Instagram account if you delete the app?
How, through the tutorial of this article now you already know that there are various ways to delete an Instagram account, be it through a browser or an application.
However, as additional information, it’s okay if you want to delete your profile from Instagram social media, but don’t let your business social media accounts also not be activated. Because, social media today can be the right tool for you to reach your target audience, especially if your target market is Instagram users.