Social media is certainly familiar to your phone. Yes, Twitter. According to Wikipedia, Twitter (/twɪtər/) itself is a social networking service where users post and interact with messages, known as “tweets” and news sharing online.
These messages were initially limited to 140 characters, but as of November 7, 2017, the limit doubled to 280 characters for all languages except Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Registered users can post tweets, but those who aren’t registered can only read them. Users can access Twitter through their website, Short Message Service (SMS) or download the app.
Twitter, Inc. based in San Francisco, California, USA, and has more than 25 offices worldwide.
Twitter was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams and launched in July of the same year. Shortly after its launch, the service instantly gained worldwide popularity.
In 2013 Twitter became one of the ten most visited sites and has been described as “Internet SMS”. In 2016, Twitter had over 319 million monthly active users.
Not only can you tweet posts, but users are also able to post pictures and videos that can be seen by the audience.
Are you one of those Twitter users who often feel confused because you don’t know how to download videos or Gifs from social media? Calm down and don’t worry.
This time we will give you a review on how to download videos from Twitter quickly and easily. Check out the reviews below!
How to Download Videos on Twitter
1. Through savetweetvid.com Website
If you accidentally see a video you like in your timeline but can’t download it directly, you can directly copy the video link and paste it into www.savetweetvid.com.
Installing third-party software to download Twitter videos or gifs is the most standard method. Here are the steps:
- Copy the tweet video link.
- Open a new tab in your browser, find the www.savetweetvid.com, then copy the link address you copied on Twitter.
- Play the video on a new page, then right-click on the video and select the “Save video as” option.
- Rename the file and choose a save location, then click “Save”. You will save the video or animated gif in MP4 format.
2. How to Download Videos on Twitter using Gihosoft TubeGet App
Whenever you find funny and interesting videos and gifs, you can download and install a third-party Twitter video downloader or additional app to save them to your device.
For PC users, no matter Windows or Mac, you can try Gihosoft TubeGet. This is a video downloader intended for you to save videos from YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
Simple Steps to Download Twitter Videos to computer & Mac:
- Copy your favourite Tweet or gif video link. Just click the down arrow menu in the top right corner and select “Copy link to Tweet”. Then
- you’ll see a pop-up window that you can copy on the Tweet link. Or you can click the time above the tweet and a new window will pop up, copy the URL from the address bar.
- Open Gihosoft TubeGet and click ‘+ Paste URL’. Once you’re done analyzing, just choose the right video format, resolution and where to save it.
- Press ‘Download’. It may take some time to complete the download
3. Download videos from Twitter using the Download Twitter Videos App
Download Twitter videos come with a simple interface and offer a variety of excellent features. Interestingly, you can choose the resolution of the video or gif you want. You can also share or watch the content directly from the app.
Not only that, but Download Twitter videos can also download many videos at the same time. There’s also a private video feature that will password-protect all downloads, ensuring that only you can access the video/gif.
The process of downloading Twitter videos is similar to the method to download videos from other social media networks. So for starters, you can first download the MyMedia app, which you can use to browse to sites that allow you to download videos from Twitter.
- Install MyMedia for free from the iOS App Store
- Next, open the official Twitter app, then search for the tweet with the video you want to download. From there, tap the down arrow at the top of the tweet, then select “Share Tweet via …” before selecting “Copy Link to Tweet” in the Share Sheets menu.
- With the link copied, open MyMedia, then select the Browser tab at the bottom of the screen. From there, visit one of the following sites. TWDown / TwitterVideoDownloader / Download-Twitter-Video. This app can help you to download videos from Twitter, but the app has its own advantages and disadvantages, so we recommend trying others if the first one doesn’t work.
- From there, paste it in the tweet URL, then tap the download link provided by the site. From there, select “Download File” in the popup, then enter a name for the video when prompted.
- In this way, the video will be saved in the MyMedia app, but if you want to save a copy to your camera gallery, it’s very simple. Just go to the Media tab in MyMedia, then tap the video you just downloaded. From there, select “Save to Camera Roll”, then the video will be available in your regular Photos app.
Alternatively, you can also download the video/gif by copying the link.
That’s some way of downloading Twitter videos. Hopefully, this information can be useful for you, yes!