How to get black Instagram? Good news for Instagram loyal users. Dark mode is now available in the Instagram app, and can be activated on both iOS and Android devices! Well as the name implies, the feature that is also familiarly called dark mode comes with a black background display and white text. Dark mode has also previously been introduced by Apple in iOS 13 devices.
This feature is certainly much awaited by Instagram users. Because in addition to helping you save smartphone battery usage, dark mode will also make your eyes more comfortable when scrolling Instagram for a long time.
How to get black Instagram
Interested in trying it out? Let’s continue reading to find out how to get black Instagram.
How to enable Instagram Dark Mode on Android
For you Android users, enabling the dark mode feature on your device is not difficult. Let’s talk about it!
Through Phone Settings
Here are the steps to change the look of your Instagram through your phone’s settings menu:
- Make sure that your phone is eligible for an upgrade to this mode, which supports the Android 10 operating system. But this provision is not absolute. Because, you can also activate Instagram dark mode on Samsung phones equipped with One UI, without having to use Android 10.
- If your phone does already support dark mode, enable the feature through the Settings > Display menu.
- Then, select Dark theme by pressing the available toggle button.
- Finally, open your Instagram app that has been changed to dark mode automatically.
Keep in mind that setting night mode on your phone will not only change the look of Instagram but also the look of your device as well as some other apps.
Alternatively, you can also try a shorter and faster way—by accessing your device’s notification bar, then pressing Dark theme.
How to get black Instagram directly from the Instagram App
If your device doesn’t support Android 10, you can only enable dark mode through the Instagram app. Let’s take a look at how below:
- Make sure the version of Instagram you’re using supports dark mode
- Tap the user icon located in the bottom right corner of the Instagram app.
- Then, open the Settings menu by pressing the hamburger button in the top right corner.
- Click Theme and select Dark.
Keep in mind that this will only change the look of your Instagram, and it won’t affect the look of your phone or other apps.
How to enable Instagram Dark Mode on iPhone
How to enable Instagram dark mode feature on iPhone is also not too different from an android device. Let’s talk about it!
Instagram Dark Mode in iOS 13
Here are the steps to change the look of Instagram to dark mode on your iOS 13 device:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Instagram app
- Open Settings > Display & Brightness
- Under the Appearance section, select Dark
- Now open your Instagram app, which has automatically turned into dark mode
Alternatively, you can also choose a dark look through the control centre. Here’s how:
- Open the control centre. To do this, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen (for iPhone X users and above) or swipe up from the bottom of your screen (for iPhone SE second generation, iPhone 8 and lower users, and iPod touch)
- Then, select the brightness indicator
- Tap Dark Mode
Instagram Dark Mode in iOS 12 and Below
As for users of iOS 12 devices and below, the ways are as follows:
- Access Settings > General
- Click Accessibility and select Display Accommodations
- Then, press Invert Colors
- In the Invert Colors section, you’ll be given two options: Smart Invert and Classic Invert. Select Smart Invert by pressing the toggle button as shown below.
Just like on Android 10, selecting dark mode through the settings menu of iOS 13 and iOS 12 and below will also affect the appearance of other devices and apps, including Facebook and WhatsApp.
Many advantages are offered from dark mode. Besides being able to reduce the brightness of the screen and save the power usage of your phone device, dark mode will also make your eyes more relaxed. That’s why Instagram is also starting to adopt this mode to its look.
The good news is, how to get black Instagram on Android and iOS devices is not difficult. Just by completing a few steps, you can quickly change the look of your Instagram to dark. In addition, the Instagram app also comes with built-in settings to make it easy to activate dark mode in no time.
Want to know more tutorials and interesting features on Instagram? maybe you are interested to read our article about How to create a food blog on Instagram & how to delete an Instagram account Permanent & Temporary.